Saturday, December 8, 2007

the shaman.

i have searched for a way to describe myself.......to myself...................... for my whole life.

i have at once been an athlete, a father, a therapist, a critic, an observer, an intuitive, an artist, a consumer, a poet, a romantic, a ragmatist, a philosopher, a minister, a joker, a comedian and an angry man frustrated by not being able to do more to get my point across.

well, i realise now that maybe it`s not so important to get my point across, but it is important to know what i am.

and why is that?

so that i can be true to myself in my actions and intent.

i realise now that my political and social positions are drawn from understanding the futility in all of our human struggles......that at the end of the day, when we put our heads on our pillows and wait for sleep to come.......we are all the same.

just unconscious meat.

and when we wake once again we have the choice to continue to struggle against this simple fact, or accept the game at hand and realise that there is no winning to be had.

so yeah, my role......or my description of myself.

shaman.

a man who has gone to the edge of consciousness and survived that which destroys the unprepared.

and where does that leave me?

i believe it gives me the responsibility of those in need of a guide through thier own dark period.

and that`s what i wake up to each morning.

No comments: